Looking for other Icecrown Citadel boss fight strategy guides? Check out our full instance guide here… Icecrown Citadel Boss Fight Strategy Guides
The battle for Valithria Dreamwalker is truly unique because you’re actually not trying to kill her. You want to save her, so heals are the key for this fight. You’ve got Scourge armies attacking you as you try to save Valithria Dreamwalker, who starts at half health. The goal here is to heal her to full health.
Valithria Dreamwalker Health Points: 12,000,000 (normal) – 30,000,000 (heroic)
Valithria Dreamwalker Boss Abilities
- Summon Nightmare Portal: Gives you access to the Dream State
- Emerald Vigor: Regenerates 200 mana every 3 seconds, increases damage done and healing done by 10 percent, stacks up to 100 times, cast every time you kill a Dream Cloud in Dream State
- Dreamwalker’s Rage: 10,000,000 nature damage to nearby enemies, cast at full health
- Fireball: 4,713 – 5,287 fire damage
- Lay Waste: 3,770 – 5,287 fire damage every 2 seconds for 12 seconds, 50,000 yard radius
- Acid Burst: 9,425 – 13,218 nature damage instantly and 750 – 900 nature damage per second to enemies within 15 yards, lasts 20 seconds
- Corrosion: 2,000 – 2,500 nature damage every 3 seconds, reduces armor by 10 percent, stacks up to 5 times, lasts 6 seconds, only procs when the zombie lands a melee swing
- Column of Frost: 11,310 – 15,862 frost damage, 3 yard radius, knockback
- Frostbolt Volley: 8,550 – 13,200 frost damage, reduces movement speed, 200 yard radius, lasts 4 seconds, instant cast
- Mana Void: Burns 800 – 1000 mana per second, 6 yard radius, lasts 30 seconds
- Gut Spray: 9,425 – 13,218 nature damage plus 2,000 – 2,500 nature damage per second, increases physical damage taken by 25 percent, lasts 12 seconds, instant cast, 8 yard radius
- Spawned by the Glutonous Abomination when it dies, 4,000 – 5,000 melee physical damage on one target
- Supression: Reduces healing received by 10 percent
Valithria Dreamwalker Boss Strategy Guide
- This battle is a very heal-intensive fight. Healers must heal Valithria in addition to their own raid members. Start by splitting your raid into three groups. Two of the groups should include your heavy-hitting DPS, with one ranged tank in each of the two groups. They must focus on keeping the adds from getting past them and hitting the third group, which is comprised of your healers.
- Have all your healers focus on healing Valithria at first, but you should assign two to pick up raid members as the fight goes on. The amount of damage the raid takes will increase as the battle drags on.
- DPS focuses on simply taking the adds down as quickly as possible.
- Healers must run into the green portals as often as they are available. Once inside the portal, the healer then floats through the air and collects as many green clouds as possible. These clouds give the healers a valuable buff that regenerates mana and makes their healing more effective.
- The two ranged tanks should focus on kiting the Blistering Zombies away from the rest of the raid. When the Blistering Zombies are about to explode, run away if you want to live. The two main tanks should focus on keeping aggro off the rest of the raid, especially the healers. Main tanks should pick up any ads, especially the Risen Archmages and the Glutonous Abominations.
- Stay out of the blue portal-like areas that are cast by the Archmages. These do a lot of damage and might kill you.