Looking for more amazing Ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
Yogg-Saron Boss Fight Abilities and Tactics
Sara’s Abilities (Phase One)
Sara is not attackable in Phase One and casts these spells randomly on the raid and on the Guardians of Yogg-Saron.
- Sara’s Fervor – Increases a friendly target’s damage by 20%, but also increases damage taken by the target by 100%. Lasts 15 sec.
- Sara’s Blessing – Heals a friendly target for 27000 to 33000, but causes 60000 Shadow damage over 20 sec.
- Sara’s Anger – Inflicts 12500 Shadow damage every 3 sec, but increases Physical damage done by 12000. Lasts 12 sec.
Talking to the Keepers of Ulduar before the fight will cause them to aid you in the encounter. The less you have helping the harder the encounter will be but better loot will drop and special achievements can be earned. Specific Keeper abilities below:
- Speed of Invention – Increases all damage done by 10% and movement speed by 20%.
- Mimiron also slows the casting speed and attack speed of all mobs in the encounter by 300%/100% respectively.
- Resilience of Nature – Increases all damage done by 10% and healing received from all sources by 20%.
- Freya also conjures Sanity wells allowing you to regain sanity.
- Fury of the Storm – Increases all damage done by 10% and total health by 20%.
- Thorim also finishes off Faceless Ones you bring to 1% HP in Phase Three. Without Thorim the Faceless ones are unkillable.
- Fortitude of Frost – Increases damage done by 10% and reduces damage taken from all sources by 20%.
- Hodir’s Protective Gaze – Allows Hodir to save a friendly target who sustains fatal damage by encasing them in a nearly impenetrable block of ice for 10 seconds. Hodir must rest after performing this action.
- Dominate Mind – Dominates the mind of the target, temporarily placing them under Yogg-Saron’s control. Also reduces Sanity by 4%.
- Sanity Well – Standing in the well brings you back to your senses, regenerating 20% Sanity every 2 sec. Damage done is reduced by 50% while you remain in the well.
- Psychosis – Inflicts 7500 Shadow damage. Also reduces Sanity by 9%.
- Brain Link – Links the brains of two enemy targets. Afflicted targets suffer 3000 Shadow damage and lose 2% Sanity every 1 sec. whenever they are more than 20 yards apart.
- Malady of the Mind – Inflicts 5000 Shadow damage and causes the enemy target to run in horror for 4 sec, then attempts to jump to another enemy within 10 yds. Also reduces Sanity by 3%.
- Lunatic Gaze – Looking into the maw of madness unhinges your mind, inflicting 5700 to 6300 Shadow damage and reducing Sanity by 4% every 1 sec. for as long as you are facing the caster.
- Induce Madness – Drives all nearby targets insane, reducing Sanity by 100%
Phase One: Have tanks pick Guardians of Yogg-Saron and kite them around the room and make sure you tank then away from the clouds that spawn. Anyone touching the clouds on the ground will spawn a new Guardian of Yogg-Saron, meaning you will eventually get overrun.
Abilities of “Guardians of Yogg-Saron”
- Mind Control: Cast on random players in the raid. Players must be CC’d or else they will destroy your casters/healers.
The Key to this phase is HOW you kill the Guardians. Each Guardian must be killed right next to Sara. After Killing 9 Guardians next to Sara the phase will end Phase 1 bringing you into Phase 2.
- It can be helpful to spawn an extra Guardian intentionally early on to start phase 2 faster as the Guardian spawn rate picks up the longer you remain in phase one.
Phase Two: Make sure you go into this phase with little or no Gaurdians up because you will immediately be overrun by tentacles. If you are using Freya and your sanity gets low, the green beams on the sides of the room will restore your sanity. Make sure to make use of it.
Types of Tentacles:
1. Crusher Tentacle: Melees hard, has a ton of HP and has an aura that reduces damage done by the raid by 20%, stacks with other crusher tentacles so these must go down fast. Melee-ing these will interrupt their aura but they gain a temporary buff that increases their damage and attack speed when they are hit so this is dangerous if they are being DPS’d.
2. Corruptor Tentacle: Casts various debuffs, Curse of Doom, Apathy, Draining Poison and Plague. Dispellers will need to be on their A-Game. All of these abilities are interruptible.
3. Constrictor Tentacle: These have very little HP and appear underneath random players, grab them and hoist them into the air doing damage every few seconds until killed. Healers must heal the player being constricted
Note: Sara will hover above Yogg-Saron’s main body casting various abilities such as Psychosis, Brain Link and Malady of the Mind as well as lasers on the ground much like Kologarn’s eye beam.
Every 90 seconds or so Portals will open into Yogg-Saron’s mind. All melee DPS must take the portals. Do not take the portal if your sanity is low you will lose sanity the longer you are below.
You will see one of three random illusion rooms along with some disguised tentacles and laughing skulls floating around the room.
- The skulls cast Lunatic Gaze so you must strafe around the room with your back to the skulls at all times.
- The illusion will shatter once you kill all the tentacles in the room.
Melee must then run into the brain room and try to get some DPS on the brain before taking the portal back up. The Brain begins a 60 second induce madness cast when the portals open so the melee must complete their task and get whatever DPS they can on the brain within 60 seconds or they will emerge from Yogg-Saron’s mind insane.
- This Means… You have about 50 Seconds of DPS before you must take the portal, to be safe, or you loose your DPS.
Phase 2 ends when the Brain is killed.
Phase Three: This is burn phase with a 5 minute enrage timer.
- Yogg-Saron will have 16 million HP left on 25-man and 3 million HP on 10-man.
- Tentacles: These will stop spawning, any up will remain. Make sure you kill them.
- Faceless Ones: These adds hit very hard will spawn very rapidly in this phase. You must pick up and kill the Faceless ones, while also keeping enough DPS on Yogg-Saron to kill him within 5 minutes.
- Alternate to this: Burn Yogg-Saron extremely fast if you are not using Thorim.
Sara’s abilities continue. Yogg-Saron will begin to cast Lunatic Gaze in this phase so DPS must be ready to avert their eyes. Yogg-Saron will also heal the faceless ones with empowering shadows. It is recommended to save Bloodlust for this phase if you are horde.
- Lunatic Gaze - Looking into the maw of madness unhinges your mind, inflicting 5700 to 6300 Shadow damage and reducing Sanity by 4% every 1 sec. for as long as you are facing the caster.
Yogg-Saron Video Guide
Huge thanks to Aphieleon of Twisting Nether, he sent me this strategy write up from his guild’s experiences…big thumbs up!
Looking for more amazing Ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategies Guide!
General Vezax is the 12th boss encounter of Ulduar. General Vezax guards the prison holding Yogg-Saron.
General Vezax Abilities
- Health Points: 25,100,000 (heroic), 6,275,250 (normal)
- Shadow Crash – deals 11,310-12,690 shadow damage and knocking back all enemies near the impact point. Leaves a magical area at the impact point for 15 seconds that increases magic damage by 50%, reduces healing by 50%, and reduces mana cost by 30%.
- Searing Flames - deals 13,875-16,125 fire damage to all players within a 20 yard radius. Reduces armor by 75% for 10 seconds. 2 second casting time, can be interrupted.
- Surge of Darkness – increases physical damage by 100% and reduces movement speed by 55% for a 10 second duration. When the General buffs himself with this you must kite him.
- Aura of Despair - prevents normal mana regeneration through out the fight. You can still gain mana via evocation, mana pots, etc. You can destroy the crystals flying around the room to get mana. These crystals drop a cloud on the ground, which will convert your health into mana.
- Profund of Darkness – deals 500 damage to all enemies and increases shadow damage by 10% per stack. Stacks on the raid (related to achievements)
General Vezax Boss Strategy
For the most part this is a pretty standard tank and spank fight…with a few slight variations. When you engage General Vezax simply start DPS like normal, have your DPS interrupt searing flames as often as possible. When General Vezax casts surge of darkness all DPS should stop, allowing your tank to kite General Vezax around the room. This is a great time for your casters to take advantage of the clouds for mana regeneration. Make sure you are rotating your casters appropriately, it’s important everyone maintains thier mana (particuarlly healers).
Continue to DPS General Vezax until he is about 35% health. Before reaching 35% you’ll want to make sure all your casters have enough mana, if not slow DPS and allow them to get some mana regeneration going. After you take Vezax to 35% he will summon Saronite Animus. Generally you want to simply off tank Saronite Animus and finish off the general. If you want to complete the achievement you need to kill Saronite Animus before Vezax. Continue burning down the General until he’s dead.
General Vezax Hard Mode Strategy
The hard mode is the same type of fight as I’ve detailed above, except you cannot use any of the mana-regeneration clouds for the duration of the fight.’
General Vezax Video Strategy (10 man)
General Vezax Video Strategy (25 man)
Looking for more amazing Ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
Hodir is the 11th boss encounter of Ulduar. He’s located in the Halls of Winter.
Hodir Boss Abilities
- Health Points: 25,000,000 (heroic), 8,400,000 (normal)
- Melee hits on plate for up to 25,000
- Biting Cold – Aura that stacks up, dealing frost damage. Move to dispel the DoT.
- Freeze - Deals 5,550-6,450 frost damage, immobilizing them for 10 seconds. 10 yard radius, dispellable.
- Flash Freeze – Freezes players in ice blocks, kill these ice blocks immediately. If a player is hit by a 2nd flash freeze they will die.
- Icicles - shards fall from the sky dealing a knockback and 12,000 frost damage to all players within the radius. These also create snowdrifts, which you can stand in to avoid being hit by flash freeze.
- Frozen Blows – self buff, adds 40,000 frost damage to all melee attacks and reduces physical damage by 70%.
Hodir Boss Strategy
Throughout the entire encounter you’ll need to constantly be moving to avoid biting cold. Periodically Hodir will randomly root a member of the raid, all players within a 10 yard radius will also be rooted. Stay spread out as much as possible to avoid large groups being rooted. Priests and paladins will need to be quick on their dispels here to avoid losing anyone.
Be watching for snowflakes pouring down from the ceiling, these indicate that icicles are about to fall. Anyone hit by these will take 12,000 frost damage and get knocked back.
Periodically Hodir will use frozen blows on himself. This essentially turns his damage from physical to frost. When this happens your frost resist tank needs to taunt. Healers should also be prepared to transition to the new tank. When frozen blows falls off the primary tank should taunt him back.
Finally, you’ll want to watch out for flash freeze. These are preceded by two icicles that create a snow mound. These mound of snow will protect the entire raid from being hit by the icicle. Anyone that doesn’t make it to the mound of snow should have their iceblock killed immediately to avoid death.
Hodir Hard Mode Boss Strategy
Defeat Hodir before he can shatter any of the chests in the room. The first chest is shattered at the 3 minute mark
Hodir Video Strategy (10 man)
Hodir Video Strategy (25 man)
Looking for more amazing Ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
Thorim is the 10th boss encounter of Ulduar. This boss is located in the Clash of Thunder.
Thorim Boss Abilities
- Health Points: 11,300,000 (heroic)
- Stormhammer – deals 2,451-2,551 damage, knocking down and stunning for 2 seconds. Causes deafening thunder to all nearby enemies.
- Defeaning Thunder – inflicts 4,625-5,375 nature damage to enemies in close proximity of a stormhamer. Silences for 6 seconds
- Beserk – Increases damage by 500%, attack / cast speed by 200% and health by 300% of Thorim and his allies.
- Unbalancing Strike – Deals 250% weapon damage and leaves the target unbalanced, reducing defense by 200 for 15 seconds
- Lightning Charge – absorbs energy from a target, deals nature damage to all enemies in a frontal cone between caster and the targeted enemy. Increases the caster’s melee damage / attack speed by 20%.
Gauntlet Mobs and Abilities
- Jormungar Behemoth
- Acid Breath – deals 12,000 nature damage and 1500 additional damage every 2 seconds.
- Sweep – deals 6,000 damage and knockdown for 3 seconds.
- Captured Horde / Alliance Soldier
- Barbed Shot – deals 4,513-4,987 physical damage and an additional 500 damage every 3 seconds for 12 seconds.
- Captured Horde / Alliance Soldier 2
- Heroic Strike – strong melee attack that deals 5,088-5,912 with a high amount of threat
- Devastate – sunders armor and causes 50%, sunder armor stacks up to 5 times
- Captured Horde / Alliance Healer
- Heal – area of effect healing (details needed)
- Dark Rune Acolyte
- Holy Smite – deals 7,500 holy damage
- Greater Heal – heals an ally for 86,500 (confirmation needed on this number)
- Dark Rune Champion
- Whirlwind – standard area of effect whirlwind damage plus an additional 100
- Mortal Strike – deals 250% weapon damage and reduces healing by 50% for 5 seconds.
- Charge – charges and enemy knocking them down and dealing normal weapon damage plus 120.
- Dark Rune Evoker
- Runic lightning – deals 7.875-10,125 nature damage
- Runic Mending – heals an ally for 18,500-21,500 then heals an additional 6,000 health every 1 second for 15 seconds.
- Dark Rune Commoner
- Low Blow – standard attack and reduces the target’s damage dealt by 3% for 20 seconds.
- Pummel – interrupts spell casting for 5 seconds.
- Dark Rune Warbringer
- Runic Strike – deals nature damage equal to weapon damage with an additional 1000
- Iron Honor Guard
- Cleave – deals 150% of melee damage, standard cleave mechanic
- Hamstring – Deals 50% of normal melee damage and reduces movement speed by 50% for 6 seconds
- Iron Ring Guard
- Whirling Trip – 2 second knockdown, dealing weapon damage
- Impale – causes target to bleed until healed past 90% of maximum health. Deals 1750 damage per second until removed.
- Ancient Rune Giant
- Stomp – weapon damage plus a 2 second knock down.
- Runic Colossus
- Smash – deals 13,875-16,125 damage, knocking them up
- Charge – charges an enemy, deals normal damage with an additional 120 and a knock back
- Runic Barrier – reduces physical damage taken by 50% and deals 2,000 arcane damage to attackers
Thorim Boss Strategy
Before the fight even begins you’ll want to split your raid into 2 groups. Group 1 will be the gauntlet group and should be composed of at least 2 tanks, 3 healers and caster DPS. Group 2 will be the Colosseum group and will fight the mobs in the arena area. This group should also have 2 tanks, 3 healers and your melee / hunter dps (due to the silence). The gauntlet group will work their way up to Thorim and the Colosseum group will simply fight the mobs and survive until group 1 makes it to Thorim.
After group 1 completes the gauntlet Thorim will jump down into the Colosseum, group 1 will follow him. At this point it’s a pretty standard tank and spank fight. When Thorim hits a tank with unbalancing strike another tank will need to taunt. Continue pumping out as much DPS as possible. Now it’s just a DPS race against lightning charge, which will 1 shot tanks.
Thorim Hard Mode Strategy
Most are saying the hard mode encounter includes Sif, Thorim’s dead wife. She won’t be tankable and will simply run around producing additional raid damage. Note that this has yet to be confirmed.
Thorim Video Strategy (10 man)
Thorim Video Strategy (25 man)
Looking for more amazing Ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
Freya is the 9th boss encounter of Ulduar. She’s located in the center of the valley in Ulduar.
Freya Boss Abilities
- Health Points: 4,200,000 (heroic), 1,400,000 (normal)
- Sunbeam – Deals 10,638-12,362 nature damage to all enemies within an 8 yard radius of the target. 1.5 second cast time.
- Nature’s Fury – Applied to an enemy target for 10 seconds. Deals 4,625-5,375 nature damage to all nearby players everyone 1 second.
- Touch of Eonar - Heals Freya 24,000 health every 1 second
- Attuned to Nature - Fight starts with 150 stacks of this buff. Each stack increases healing on Freya by 4%.
- Photosynthesis – Heals plant life for 10,000 damage every 1 second.
Freya Boss Strategy
Upon engaging Freya she will begin spawning adds. These adds heal Freya through a self buff system. At the beginning of the fight Freya will ahve 150 stacks of a buff, each stack increases healing done on her by 4% (600% total). Each time you kill an add one of these buffs is removed.
Adds spawn every minute.
- Wave Type 1
- Storm Lasher – Casts area effect lightning damage in a 15 yard radius. Also casts chain lightning that hits up to 4 targets.
- Snaplasher – Stacking debuff upon dealing damage, increases damage by 1% and reduces speed by 1%, stacks up to 99 times. As this reaches a critical mass stack you’ll need to kite these.
- Ancient Water Elemental - Frontal cone tidal burst, deals 8,000 damage. Face these away from the main raid body.
- Wave Type 2
- Detonating Lasher – Spawn around Freya in a circle in packs of 12. Reduces Freya’s healing buff by 2 stacks per mob.
- Wave Type 3
- Ancient Protector – 1,900,000 health points, removes 25 stacks of Freya’s buff. Also cast conservator’s grip, which prevents attacking and casting spells.
- Stand under the healthy mushrooms to remove conservator’s grip.
During phase 2 no more adds will spawn. At this point it’s essentially just a tank and spank fight. Freya has the same abilities as in phase one. In addition, she also had lifebinder’s gift…trees spawn around freya every 30 seconds, kill all of these within 15 second duration or they will heal Freya for 15%.
Freya Hard Mode Strategy
To complete Freya on hard mode you must leave the Elders up. Each elder provides an additional buff, similar to the way Sartharion’s drakes worked.
- Elder Brightleaf - increases magic damage dealt by Freya and her adds by 50%
- Elder Stonebark – increases physical damage dealt by Freya by 50%
- Elder Ironbranch – increases physical damage dealt by Freya’s adds by 50%
Freya Video Strategy (10 man)
Freya Video Strategy (25 man)
Looking for more great ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
Auriaya is the seventh boss of Ulduar and is located within the Shattered Walkway.
Auriaya Boss Abilities
- Health Points: 16,730,00 (heroic), 3,200,000 (normal)
- Horrifying Screech – All nearby enemies flee in horror for 5 seconds
- Sentinel Blast – Deals 5,500 shadow damage and increases the shadow damage taken by 100% for 5 seconds, stacks up to 5 times.
- Sonic Screech – Shockwave like ability that deals 185,000-215,000 shadow damage to all enemies with the path. This damage is split amongst all the raid members hit.
- Summon Swarming Guardian – summons panthers adds.
- Sanctum Sentry
- Health Points: 558,000
- Savage Pounce – Deals 13,875-16,125 damage with an additional 7,400-8,600 bleed every second for 5 seconds.
- Strength of the Pack – Increases damage done by 50% when other sanctum sentries are within 20 yards.
- Feral Spirit
- Health Points:
- Feral Essence - Each essence buff increases the damage dealt by 50%. There are 9 total stacks of feral essence (…9 lives, lawl). The feral defender can revive himself at the cost of one of these essences.
- Feral Pounce – 4 second stun and inflecting 602-698 shadow damage every second for 4 seconds.
- Feral Rush – charge, deals 1,609-1,691 damage. Interrupts casting.
- Seeping Feral Essence - Left behind upon the dead of a feral spirit, similar to a void zone. Deals 9,000 shadow damage every second to those standing within.
Auriaya Boss Strategy
When you pull Auriaya you’ll need 1 tank holding Auriaya and 1 tank managing the adds. The raid should be pilled up with the adds and killing them as quickly as possible. Your main tank who has Auriaya will want to be around 20 yards away with the boss facing the raid. This is due to the sonic screech ability.
After the raid has killed the adds they can begin attacking the boss, ensuring that they are always standing in front of the boss (melee specifically). When the feral spirit spawns you off tank needs to pick him up. After you’ve killed the feral spirit he will drop a seeping feral essence, similar to a void zone…so don’t stand in it.
After you’ve killed the add you can begin attacking the boss again. Shortly the feral sprit will be resurrected and you’ll need to repeat the above steps. Continue dragging the boss around to provide drop areas for the seeping feral essence until you’ve killed the boss.
Auriaya Video Strategy Guide (10 man)
Auriaya Video Strategy Guide (25 man)
Looking for more amazing ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
The Iron Council is the 5th boss encounter of Ulduar. This encounter includes 3 separate bosses: Steelbreaker, Runemaster Molgeim, and Stonecaller Brundir. After killing any of the 3 the other 2 will receive a +25% damage increase. Killing one of the remaining 2 bosses grants the final boss left alive additional abilities.
The Iron Council Abilities
- Health Points: 30,000,000 (total, heroic), 10,000,000 (total, normal)
- Enrage timer after 10 minutes
- Supercharge – after one of the other bosses die the remaining bosses gain a +25% damage increase and an additional ability.
- Elemental Adds:
- Lightning Blast – When these adds get to their targets they deal 14,138-15,862 nature damage 30 yard radius explosion, killing the add. Spawned by Rune of Summoning (detailed below).
- Health Points: 10,000,000 (heroic), 3,000,000 (normal)
- Fusion Punch – Deals 100% weapon damage an an additional 8,000 nature damage per second.
- High Voltage – An aura that deals 2,500 nature damage every 3 seconds.
- Static Disruption – Steelbreaker gains this buff when one of the other bosses has been killed first. It deals 7,500 nature damage and increases nature damage taken by 50% for 20 seconds.
- Runemaster Molgeim:
- Rune of Power – 5 yard radius group buff that deals more damage to anyone standing in it.
- Rune of Death – Runemaster gains this buff when one of the other bosses has been killed first. Deals 6,000 damage per second to anyone standing in this 13 yard radius of this AoE on the ground.
- Rune of Summoning – Runemaster gains this buff when two of the other bosses has been killed first. Summons elemental adds that explode when they touch players (detailed above).
- Stormcaller Brundir:
- Chain Lightning – Deals nature damage that arcs up to 5 different targets. Can be interrupted.
- Overload – Deals 25,000 nature damage to anyone within a 30 yard radius. Goes off after the emote “PEASANTS HAS CROSSED THE LINE”.
- Lightning Whirl – Stormcaller gains this buff after one of the other bosses has been killed first. Hurls a lightning bolt at a random target, deals 6598-7402 nature damage, 5 second duration.
- Lightning Tendrils – Stormcaller gains this buff after two of the other bosses have been killed first. Runs around the room very fast and deals 8,000 damage per second to anyone nearby. Should be taunted back to the floor, where you can DPS him.
The Iron Council Boss Strategy
Phase 1 – All 3 Bosses Up
Raid groups can kill the 3 bosses in any order you wish, however, the generally accepted easiest route is Steelbreaker –> Molegeim –> Brundir. Step one in this fight is simply setting up your tanking positions. Steelbreaker and Molgeim should be tanked in the front corners of the room. Due to the overload explosion you must tank Brundir away from the raid, generally towards the back of the room is the optimal position.
Boss Specific Notes
- The tank on Brundir needs to run away from the boss as Overload is going off, minimizing damage.
- Players attacking Brundir should always try to interrupt chain lightning casts.
- Molgeim will drop rune of power throughout the fight underneath Brundir and Steelbreaker. Tanks should reposition these bosses when this occurs to remove them from getting the buff and allow your DPS to get the buff.
- Steelbreaker will be fusion punching your tank. When this occurs he will need additional heals and a dispel.
Phase 2 – 2 Bosses Up
After your raid has killed the first boss the other two bosses will gain new abilities. If you are killing the bosses in the order suggested above then you’ll have Molgeim and Brundir up at this point.
Boss Specific Notes
- Molegeim now has Rune of Death. Massive green AoE rune on the ground, deals 6,000 damage per second to those players standing within it. Move out of it.
- Brundir now has lightning whirl. Randomly tosses lightning bolts at raid members, heal through it.
Phase 3 – 1 Boss Up
At this point only Brundir is left up, so let’s take him down! With Molegeim now dead Brundir gains a new ability, lightning tendrils. Using these tendrils he will lift up into the air. Anyone standing nearby will take massive amounts of nature damage…so, don’t stand near the boss if you’re not a tank.
You can keep Brundir in the same location by rotating taunts with 3 tanks. Thus allowing your range DPS to deal more damage. In addition, Brundir will occasionally drop to the ground, allowing melee DPS a chance to get some DPS in.
At this point it’s simply a matter of continuing to burn Brundir down and keeping heals flowing. Keep it up and you’ll have Brundir down in no time.
The Iron Council Hard Mode Strategy
To complete The Iron Council on hard mode you must kill Steelbreaker last.
Complete strategy for hard mode will be added in the coming days.
The Iron Council Video (10 man)
The Iron Council Video (25 man)
Looking for more amazing Ulduar strategies? Check ou the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
XT-002 Deconstructor is the 4th boss of Ulduar. He’s located in the Ulduar scrap yard.
XT-002 Deconstructor Boss Abilities
- Health Points: 17,850,000 (heroic), 5,250,000 (normal)
- Gravity Bomb – Targets a random playing causing them to explode and pull in nearby players after 9 seconds. Creates a gravity well.
- Gravity Well – Created by the gravity bomb on the targeted player, which pulls players within a 10 yard radius into the well, dealing 19,000-21,000 damage.
- Tympanic Tantrum – Deals 10% damage every 1 second for a 12 second duration to the entire raid, dazing all enemies. Cast once per minute.
- Light Bomb – Causes targeted player to deal 2,000-3,000 damage to nearby players while they are attacking, last for 9 seconds.
- Enrages after 8 minutes
XT-002 Deconstructor Boss Strategy
This encounter is a standard tank and spank fight for the most part. The most important aspect of this fight is simply spreading out. After a player gets hit with a gravity bomb or a light bomb that player needs to immediately separate themselves from the group to minimize damage. Furthermore, healers should be on the lookout for tympanic tantrum. This will deal 120% damage to all raid members over 12 seconds, so every raid member will need to at least receive a decent amount of heals. It’s not a bad idea to assign healers to individual groups, as to ensure all players receive a heal.
At 75%, 50%, and 25% XT-002 Deconstructor will stop attacking and spawn adds. There are 3 different kinds of adds.
- XS-013 Scrapbots – these adds will heal XT-002 if they get to him, they must be killed immediately.
- XE-321 Boombots – these adds blow up, dealing damage to friend and foe alike, when they hit 50% health. These can be used to kill the other adds.
- XM-024 Pummelers – Basic mobs, nothing special, you can kill these after boombots and scrapbots have been killed.
After the adds have been killed the fight will continue like before.
XT-002 Deconstructor Hard Mode Strategy
During any of the ad phases XT-002 may be clicked on. Doing so will expose his heart, which may be destroyed. Destroying his heart will increase XT-002′s health and damage by 25% and return him to full health. Exposing and killing the heart at the lower add spawning levels does not increase the quality of loot or open up new achievements, this is a binary hard mode fight.
Looking for more Ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
Razorscale is the third boss of Ulduar and is located within Razorscale’s Aerie, across from the Colossal forge.
Razorscale Boss Abilities
- Health Points: 12,600,000 (heroic), 3,900,000 (normal)
- Wing Buffet – Knocks back in a large radius around Razorscale. 1.5 second cast time.
- Flame Breath – Deals 17,500-22,500 fire damage in a frontal cone. 2.5 second cast time.
- Flame Buffet – Increases fire damage taken by 1500. Last for 60 second duration.
- Devouring Flame – Launches a lava bomb at a target, deals 8788-10,212 fire damage. In addition, deals 8788-10212 fire damage everyone second to anyone standing within a 6 yard radius of the explosion site.
Razorscale Boss Strategy
Phase 1 – Air Phase
To start phase 1 simply talk to the expedition commander. During this phase you are tasked with defending the dwarven crews while they repair the harpoon launchers. Your primary focus here is killing all of the adds and avoiding the devouring flames that Razorscale will be launching.
As each harpoon launcher is successfully repaired they may be clicked to fire a harpoon at Razorscale. After all 4 turrets have been fired Razorscale will come to the ground. Once on the ground Razorscale will be stunned temporarily, during this time your DPS will want to blow all cooldowns to do as much damage as possible.
After the stun ends Razorscale will fly up into the air again and you’ll repeat the firing process to bring her down.
Phase 2 – Ground Phase
Once you’ve got Razorscale below 50% she will land. During this phase you’ll want your tank to spin her face away from the main raid to avoid flame breaths. At this point the fiight becomes a standard tank and spank fight. Continue to avoid devouring flame and keep DPS up. As flame buffet stacks on your tank he will be taking some serious damage towards the end of the fight, so maximizing your DPS during this phase will be crucial.
Flame Leviathan is the first boss raids will encounter in Ulduar. This unique encounter requires players use siege vehicles (similar to malygos) to complete this encounter.
Siege Vehicles Basics
Before the fight even begins players will be split up into different siege vehicles. You will use these vehicles to defeat the dwarven army ahead of you and ultimately, Flame Leviathan. On heroic mode there are 4 of each vehicles and on normal mode there are 2 of each vehicles.
- Siege Engine Driver – Attack buildings by ramming them, knock back mobs, and engage a speed boost
- Siege Engine Passenger & Gunner – Shoots pyrite ammo out of the air, helps shoot targets on the ground
- Demolisher Driver – Shoots fireballs and pyrite barrels
- Demolisher Passenger & Gunner – Picks up pyrite ammo to reload the demolisher, may also load launch the passenger from the cannon
- Chopper Driver – Drops inflammable oil slicks, may also pick up players to protect them from damage and death
All vehicle passengers may pick up explosive to throw at the dwarven armies.
Siege Vehicle Abilities
Salvaged Siege Engine
- Health Points:
- Driver x 1, Gunner x 1, Passengers x 2
- Driver Abilities:
- Ram (40 energy) – 5400-6600 damage with a knockback addition
- Electroshock (38 energy) – Spell interrupt with a 4 second lockout period, 25 yard cone effect
- Steam Rush (40 energy) – Charges very fast with a minor damage on impact
- Gunners Abilities:
- Anti-Air Rocket (10 energy) – Rapid fire long range (1000 yard) missile launcher
- Cannon (20 energy) – Launches a cannon ball that does medium damage
- Health Points: 428,000
- Driver x 1, Passengers x 2
- Driver Abilities:
- Hurl Boulder – 13,500-16,500 damage, ignites oil slicks dropped by choppers.
- Hurl Pyrite Barrel – 27,000-30,000 damage, consumes 5 pyrite
- Ram – 8550-9450 damage with a knockback addition
- Throw Passenger – Launch a passenger who has loaded themselves into the catapult.
- Passenger Abilities:
- Cannon – Fire a cannon ball forward, explodes after traveling 50 yards dealing damage in a 10 yard area of effect radius.
- Grab Crate – Pick up a crate with your hook, reloading the demolisher with liquid pyrite.
- Increase Speed – Uses the liquid pyrite you’ve been picking up, increases movement speed by 100% for a 1 minute duration.
- Load into Catapult – You get in the catapult and the drive may fire you as a projectile.
- Health Points:
- Driver x 1, Passenger x 1
- Driver Abilities:
- Sonic Horn (20 energy) – 3150-3850 damage in a 35 yard range frontal cone.
- Tar – Lays down a pool of tar that slows enemies by 75% for a 45 second duration. This pool may be ignited by demolishers.
- Speed Boost (50 energy) – increases the vehicle’s movement speed by 100% for 5 seconds.
Dwarf Army Mobs
- Health Points: 8,316
- Health Points: 75,600
- Melee hits are around 1,500 damage
- Cyclone – Hits demolisher vehicles for approximately 3,000 nature damage
- Health Points: 315,000
- Shockwave – casted ability, should be interrupted by siege engines
Buildings and Towers
Note that in order to complete this encounter on hard mode for achievements and additional loot you must leave up at least one tower. The more towers you leave up better quailty and increased amount of loot you’ll receive.
- Tower of Nature (Freya’s Ward) – Deals 15,000 nature damage and summons guardians of nature
- Tower of Frost (Hodir’s Fury) – Deals 15,000 frost damage, attacks entomb enemies in blocks of ice
- Tower of Flames (Mimiron’s Inferno) – Deals 15,000 fire damage, leaving a fires behind
- Tower of Storms (Thorim’s Hammer) – Deals 15,000 damage
- Storm Beacon – Each beacon summons ads in a small radius.
Flame Leviathan Abilities
- Flame Jets – Channeled cast, deals large radius area of effect damage, 2000 damage per second, cast lasts 10 seconds.
- Battering Ram – Knock back on target that’s within melee range. Applies a debuff to the knock backed target increased damage taken by 100%.
- Gathering Speed – Increases movement speed, 5% per stack up to 20 stacks.
- Missile Barrage – All players and vehicles take 700 damage every few seconds.
Hard Mode Strategy
Raid groups attempting to defeat Flame Leviathan on hard mode will need to leave at least one tower up. These towers place a pillar of light on the ground (associated colors below) that deal their respective abilities. Note that these beams can be avoided.
- Storm Tower (purple) – lightning balls come down from the sky
- Flames Tower (red) – beam moves across the ground leaving fires behind
- Frost Towers (blue) – freezes players and siege engines
- Nature (green) – spawns adds that must be killed
Flame Leviathan Boss Strategy
As soon as you engage Flame Leviathan he will randomly target a siege engine vehicle. The driver of this vehicle must kite the boss. Initially it’s very easy to kite, but as time passes Flame Leviathan will begin to pickup speed, making it more difficult.
Every 30 seconds Flame Leviathan will target a new siege engine, which will be tasked with kiting (if a siege engine is not alive he will target a demolisher or chopper). This fight really comes down to the kite and each vehicle fulfilling its role successfully (as described below).
Siege Engine Role
While this kiting is going on other players in siege engines can be doing damage with ram and more importantly using electroshock to interrupt flame jets. However, be prepared to kite as the 30 second kite cycle comes to an end. The passengers of the siege engines should be shooting down pyrite ammo in the air. If there aren’t any pyrite ammo left they may DPS the boss.
Demolishers are the bulk of the damage output on this fight. Your demos should be attacking the boss with hurl boulder, hurl pyrite barrel, and launch passenger. In order to maximize damage it’s a good idea to save your hurl pyrite barrel for when the overload circuit has been activated.
Interlude on Catapult Passenger Launch
After your overload circuit wears off you’ll want to have your demolishers launch a single DPS class and a single healer to the back of Flame Leviathan. There are 4 turrets here, after killing a target a button will pop up. You will channel a cast on this button and upon completion Flame Leviathan will be stunned, increase the damage you deal to him by 50%, and reset his movement speed. These players will be knocked off Flame Leviathan and should be promptly picked up by a chopper and returned to a demolisher, in preparation for the upcoming launch.
Chopper’s are tasked with dropping their flammable oil slicks on the ground in front on Flame Leviathan. This will slow him and deal additional damage if they catch fire. In addition, choppers should be picking up any players that are coming off the back of Flame Leviathan or players that have been launched and missed their targets.
Flame Leviathan Video (10 man)
Flame Leviathan Video (25 man)