Looking for more amazing Ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
Freya is the 9th boss encounter of Ulduar. She’s located in the center of the valley in Ulduar.
Freya Boss Abilities
- Health Points: 4,200,000 (heroic), 1,400,000 (normal)
- Sunbeam – Deals 10,638-12,362 nature damage to all enemies within an 8 yard radius of the target. 1.5 second cast time.
- Nature’s Fury – Applied to an enemy target for 10 seconds. Deals 4,625-5,375 nature damage to all nearby players everyone 1 second.
- Touch of Eonar - Heals Freya 24,000 health every 1 second
- Attuned to Nature - Fight starts with 150 stacks of this buff. Each stack increases healing on Freya by 4%.
- Photosynthesis – Heals plant life for 10,000 damage every 1 second.
Freya Boss Strategy
Upon engaging Freya she will begin spawning adds. These adds heal Freya through a self buff system. At the beginning of the fight Freya will ahve 150 stacks of a buff, each stack increases healing done on her by 4% (600% total). Each time you kill an add one of these buffs is removed.
Adds spawn every minute.
- Wave Type 1
- Storm Lasher – Casts area effect lightning damage in a 15 yard radius. Also casts chain lightning that hits up to 4 targets.
- Snaplasher – Stacking debuff upon dealing damage, increases damage by 1% and reduces speed by 1%, stacks up to 99 times. As this reaches a critical mass stack you’ll need to kite these.
- Ancient Water Elemental - Frontal cone tidal burst, deals 8,000 damage. Face these away from the main raid body.
- Wave Type 2
- Detonating Lasher – Spawn around Freya in a circle in packs of 12. Reduces Freya’s healing buff by 2 stacks per mob.
- Wave Type 3
- Ancient Protector – 1,900,000 health points, removes 25 stacks of Freya’s buff. Also cast conservator’s grip, which prevents attacking and casting spells.
- Stand under the healthy mushrooms to remove conservator’s grip.
During phase 2 no more adds will spawn. At this point it’s essentially just a tank and spank fight. Freya has the same abilities as in phase one. In addition, she also had lifebinder’s gift…trees spawn around freya every 30 seconds, kill all of these within 15 second duration or they will heal Freya for 15%.
Freya Hard Mode Strategy
To complete Freya on hard mode you must leave the Elders up. Each elder provides an additional buff, similar to the way Sartharion’s drakes worked.
- Elder Brightleaf - increases magic damage dealt by Freya and her adds by 50%
- Elder Stonebark – increases physical damage dealt by Freya by 50%
- Elder Ironbranch – increases physical damage dealt by Freya’s adds by 50%
Freya Video Strategy (10 man)
Freya Video Strategy (25 man)
Looking for more great ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
Auriaya is the seventh boss of Ulduar and is located within the Shattered Walkway.
Auriaya Boss Abilities
- Health Points: 16,730,00 (heroic), 3,200,000 (normal)
- Horrifying Screech – All nearby enemies flee in horror for 5 seconds
- Sentinel Blast – Deals 5,500 shadow damage and increases the shadow damage taken by 100% for 5 seconds, stacks up to 5 times.
- Sonic Screech – Shockwave like ability that deals 185,000-215,000 shadow damage to all enemies with the path. This damage is split amongst all the raid members hit.
- Summon Swarming Guardian – summons panthers adds.
- Sanctum Sentry
- Health Points: 558,000
- Savage Pounce – Deals 13,875-16,125 damage with an additional 7,400-8,600 bleed every second for 5 seconds.
- Strength of the Pack – Increases damage done by 50% when other sanctum sentries are within 20 yards.
- Feral Spirit
- Health Points:
- Feral Essence - Each essence buff increases the damage dealt by 50%. There are 9 total stacks of feral essence (…9 lives, lawl). The feral defender can revive himself at the cost of one of these essences.
- Feral Pounce – 4 second stun and inflecting 602-698 shadow damage every second for 4 seconds.
- Feral Rush – charge, deals 1,609-1,691 damage. Interrupts casting.
- Seeping Feral Essence - Left behind upon the dead of a feral spirit, similar to a void zone. Deals 9,000 shadow damage every second to those standing within.
Auriaya Boss Strategy
When you pull Auriaya you’ll need 1 tank holding Auriaya and 1 tank managing the adds. The raid should be pilled up with the adds and killing them as quickly as possible. Your main tank who has Auriaya will want to be around 20 yards away with the boss facing the raid. This is due to the sonic screech ability.
After the raid has killed the adds they can begin attacking the boss, ensuring that they are always standing in front of the boss (melee specifically). When the feral spirit spawns you off tank needs to pick him up. After you’ve killed the feral spirit he will drop a seeping feral essence, similar to a void zone…so don’t stand in it.
After you’ve killed the add you can begin attacking the boss again. Shortly the feral sprit will be resurrected and you’ll need to repeat the above steps. Continue dragging the boss around to provide drop areas for the seeping feral essence until you’ve killed the boss.