Looking for other Icecrown Citadel boss fight strategy guides? Check out our full instance guide here… Icecrown Citadel Boss Fight Strategy Guides
Professor Putricide is the third and final boss in the Plagueworks area of Icecrown Citadel. He is the father of Rotface and Festergut and needless to say, he’s not happy when you kill his two boys.
Professor Putricide Boss Abilities
Hit Points: 12,000,000 (normal) – 42,000,000 (heroic)
- 4,388 – 4,612 damage per second
- Spawns either a Volatile Ooze or a Gas Cloud
Choking Gas Bomb
- 5,363 – 5,637 damage per second
- Explodes and causes 15,600 – 16,400 damage after 20 seconds
- Creates Choking Gas, which causes 4,388 – 4,612 damage and reduces chance to hit by 75 percent
Create Concoction / Guzzle Potions
- Grants Professor Putricide the Choking Gas Cloud and Malleable Goo abilities
- Gaseous Bloat: 1,463 – 1,537 damage every 2 seconds
- Gas Cloud chases the raid member infected with Gaseous Bloat
- If Gas Cloud catches the infected raid member, it causes him to damage other nearby players.
Growing Ooze Puddle
- Mutated Slime: 4,388 – 4,612 damage per second
- Volatile Ooze Adhesive: bonds raid member to volatile ooze, causes 2,438 – 2,562 damage per second, roots the target
- Moves toward the raid member who was targeted by Volatile Ooze Adhesive
- Explodes after 3 seconds
- 165,750 – 174,250 damage spread among all nearby raid members.
- Eat Ooze: Abomination eats Mutated Slime that’s nearby
- Regurgitated Ooze: 6,338 – 6,662 damage every 2 seconds, slows movement speed 50 percent
- Mutated Slash: 100 percent weapon damage, melee range
Professor Putricide Boss Strategy Guide
- Before your main tank pulls Professor Putricide, have your second tank drink a potion on the table and take control of the Mutated Abomination. The abomination basically goes around and eats all the slime pools on the floor. His job is to gain as much ooze power as possible and store it for later when the Volatile Oozes and Gas Clouds come out. If your abomination dies, just drink another potion to get another one.
- When the first Volatile Ooze spawns, DPS must pick it up immediately, and all party members must pay attention to who it’s targeting. Your abomination should use Regurgitated Ooze on the Volatile Ooze. The Volatile Ooze moves toward one infected player and explodes after 3 seconds, doing a lot of damage split among any nearby players. If it’s pretty clear the explosion will hit several players, it’s best just to collapse the group and let the damage be split among everyone. Just kill the Volatile Ooze as quickly as you possible can.
- After Professor Putricide casts another Unstable Experiment, a Gas Cloud will form. Healers will need to heal the player targeted by the Gas Cloud. The target player will also have to run from the Gas Cloud. DPS must take the cloud out before it reaches the targeted player. If Professor Putricide isn’t down to 80 percent health when you kill the Gas Cloud, he spawns another Volatile Ooze, and goes back and forth between his two adds until he reaches 80 percent health.
- Phase two begins when Professor Putricide drunks a bunch of potions on the table and stuns the entire raid for 10 seconds. He also starts using his Choking Gas Cloud and Malleable Goo abilities. Avoid the orange beakers he throws and run away if he tosses one at you. Also run away when the Malleable Goo chases you.
- Phase three starts with another 10-second stun from Professor Putricide. Your abomination should switch over to tanking him at this point, taunting Professor Putricide off the other tank when he’s got four stacks of the Mutating Plague spell.