With the new patch 3.0.2 build on the PTR we are getting a more comprehensive look at all the new titles. You should note that all of these titles are associated with some achievement. After you complete the objectives of the achievement you’ll receive the new title.
When I first heard about the achievements system I was fairly indifferent towards them. However, I really like the idea of providing additional novelty rewards for these achievements. It’s a minor point, and maybe it’s just me…but having these achievements gives the feeling that your character is worth more than just gear.
What do you think about new achievement system? Waste of time? Fun side accomplishment?
World Event Titles
- Elder - complete all lunar festival achievements (February)
- The Love Fool – complete all love is in the air achievements (valentines day event)
- Fame Warden / Flame Keeper - complete all midsummer fire festival achievements (last 2 weeks of June)
- Merrymaker – complete all winter veil festival achievements (December)
- Brewmaster - complete all brewfest achievements (September)
- The Hallowed - complete all hallows end achievements (October)
- Matron -complete the orphan event (female)
- Patron – complete the orphan event (male)
General Achievement Titles
- Champion of the Frozen Wastes – Kill all 12 final bosses on heroic mode in addition to the 3 raid bosses in 10 / 25 man instances.
- Seeker - Complete 3000 quests (for reference, I’ve been playing 4 years and I only have completed around 1500 quests)
- Loremaster - Alliance must complete 740 quests in Eastern Kingdoms, 765 in Kalimdor, 568 in Outlands and 760 in Northrend. Horde must complete 580 quests in Eastern Kingdoms, 715 quests in Kalimdor, 685 in Outlands, and 835 in Northrend.
- The Explorer - Explore 100% of all 3 continents.
Faction Achievement Titles
- Ambassador - reach exalted with all 5 capitals of your respective faction.
- The Exalted – reach exalted with 40 factions. There will be a grand total of 65 factions when WotLK is released (…holy money sink!)
- The Diplomat – reach exalted with Timbermaw Hold, the Sporeggar and the Kurenai / the Mag’har.
- Argent Champion – reach exalted with the argent down and the argent crusade.
- Guardian of Cenarius – reach exalted with Cenario Circle and Cenarion Expedition.
- Bloodsail Admiral - reach friendly with the Bloodsail Buccaneers and complete the pirate hat quest.
Profession Achievement Titles
- Chef - complete all cooking related achievements. Would it have hurt too think of something more original than chef, maybe like “Expediter.
- Salty - complete all fishing related achievements.
PvP Achievement Titles
- The Flawless Victor – win 10 arena matches in a row above 2000 rating.
- Of the Horde – 100,000 PvP HKs.
- Of the Alliance – 100,000 PvP HKs.
- Arena Master – complete all arena related achievements.
- Battlemaster - complete all PvP related achievements (includes arena achievements)
One of the first major decisions you’ll have to make after entering the Outlands is your choice of the Aldor or Scryer faction. The various items, enchantments, quests, and other rewards will play a huge factor in your choice. And believe me, it’s important you choose correctly the first time.
So let’s get right down to it. There are many rewards available from each faction, for this comparison I am going to detail all of the big hitters from each faction.
Now, statistically speaking the shoulder enchants provide the same benefit. For this one it really comes down to personal preference. In all honesty I think most players make a much bigger deal about the shoulder enchant differences than can really be made.
While all of these necklaces are better than many blue rewards, the big hitters are for healers, specifically aldor. The proc on restoration neck provides a direct heal on your current target for just over 600…good, yes, but for aldor it gives a +220 healing buff for 10 seconds. From a PvE perspective this is simply amazing, and I’d argue it’s the best neck outside of Sunwell loot.
If you’re a healer this neck is reason enough to choose Aldor, and generally speaking the Aldor procs are superior to the Scryers. As all of the aldor procs provide buffs (the scyrer provide instant procs), meaning the aldor procs scale much better with gear.
This may or may not be a deal breaker for you. As aldor you’ve got the better healing leg enchants, as scryer you’ve got the superior damage. Once again, I wouldn’t determine your reputation choice based on tailoring patterns alone, but they will play a factor in your decision.
Aldor vs. Scryer Reputation Rewards Comparison:
Obviously I haven’t listed off every single item available from each of these respective factions. The above items I have listed are the ones that I consider to the biggest factors in your decision. While many of the other rewards and items will have short term influence on your decision the above items will be long lasting.
If you’re looking for additional information on the items available from each reputation or how to most efficiently level each faction check out these other helpful guides.