Looking for more amazing Ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
Freya is the 9th boss encounter of Ulduar. She’s located in the center of the valley in Ulduar.
Freya Boss Abilities
- Health Points: 4,200,000 (heroic), 1,400,000 (normal)
- Sunbeam – Deals 10,638-12,362 nature damage to all enemies within an 8 yard radius of the target. 1.5 second cast time.
- Nature’s Fury – Applied to an enemy target for 10 seconds. Deals 4,625-5,375 nature damage to all nearby players everyone 1 second.
- Touch of Eonar - Heals Freya 24,000 health every 1 second
- Attuned to Nature - Fight starts with 150 stacks of this buff. Each stack increases healing on Freya by 4%.
- Photosynthesis – Heals plant life for 10,000 damage every 1 second.
Freya Boss Strategy
Upon engaging Freya she will begin spawning adds. These adds heal Freya through a self buff system. At the beginning of the fight Freya will ahve 150 stacks of a buff, each stack increases healing done on her by 4% (600% total). Each time you kill an add one of these buffs is removed.
Adds spawn every minute.
- Wave Type 1
- Storm Lasher – Casts area effect lightning damage in a 15 yard radius. Also casts chain lightning that hits up to 4 targets.
- Snaplasher – Stacking debuff upon dealing damage, increases damage by 1% and reduces speed by 1%, stacks up to 99 times. As this reaches a critical mass stack you’ll need to kite these.
- Ancient Water Elemental - Frontal cone tidal burst, deals 8,000 damage. Face these away from the main raid body.
- Wave Type 2
- Detonating Lasher – Spawn around Freya in a circle in packs of 12. Reduces Freya’s healing buff by 2 stacks per mob.
- Wave Type 3
- Ancient Protector – 1,900,000 health points, removes 25 stacks of Freya’s buff. Also cast conservator’s grip, which prevents attacking and casting spells.
- Stand under the healthy mushrooms to remove conservator’s grip.
During phase 2 no more adds will spawn. At this point it’s essentially just a tank and spank fight. Freya has the same abilities as in phase one. In addition, she also had lifebinder’s gift…trees spawn around freya every 30 seconds, kill all of these within 15 second duration or they will heal Freya for 15%.
Freya Hard Mode Strategy
To complete Freya on hard mode you must leave the Elders up. Each elder provides an additional buff, similar to the way Sartharion’s drakes worked.
- Elder Brightleaf - increases magic damage dealt by Freya and her adds by 50%
- Elder Stonebark – increases physical damage dealt by Freya by 50%
- Elder Ironbranch – increases physical damage dealt by Freya’s adds by 50%
Freya Video Strategy (10 man)
Freya Video Strategy (25 man)
Ulduar is blizzard’s newest instance creation and the first major patch development project for Wrath of the Lich King. This instance features some of blizzard’s finest design work and will certainly be one of the most challenging dungeons yet.
Ulduar is the first dungeon to be developed with various in-fight difficulty levels. Of course, there are normal and heroic (10 / 25 man) modes, but in addition many fights now have a “hard mode”. This works similar to the way Sartharion worked, with the addition of each drake ramping up the overall difficulty of the fight. All normal, heroic, and “hard mode” difficulties will be covered below in the individual ulduar boss strategies guides below.
Ulduar Boss Strategies