Leveling cooking is simple to do if you haven’t already done so while you were leveling your character. Cooking is a secondary profession, which means you won’t have to give up one of your other professions to learn it. There are plenty of reasons to power-level cooking later on. Of course it means you’ll always have access to food if you’ve got the supplies to make it, but the more important reason to level cooking is the buffs you get from it, like increased stamina, agility, mana regeneration, or a whole host of other helpful ones.
Check out this simple 1-450 cooking leveling guide to find out how to get there quickly.
Cooking Leveling Guide: Levels 1-50
- Learn Apprentice Cooking from your trainer
- Levels 1 – 50: Spice Bread— This recipe is made with supplies from the cooking vendor right next to the trainer. All you need are 50 Simple Flour and 50 Mild Spices
- Go back to the trainer and learn Journeyman Cooking
Cooking Leveling Guide: Levels 50-125
- Levels 50 – 60: Roasted Boar Meat (1 Chunk of Boar Meat, each), Charred Wolf Meat (1 Stringy Wolf Meat, each). If you don’t want to buy the mats, you’ll find plenty of boars and wolves in Westfall.
- Levels 60 – 125: Boiled Clams (Clam Meat and Refreshing Spring Water), Cooked Crab Claw (Crawler Claw), Crab Cake (Crawler Meat). Blackfathom Deeps and Darkshore have plenty of crabs and crawlers.
- Go back to the trainer and learn Expert Cooking.
Cooking Leveling Guide: Levels 125-200
- You’ll find plenty of raptors for this section’s recipes in the Wetlands.
- Levels 125 – 175: Cooked Crab Claw, Crab Cake, Curiously Tasty Omelet (Raptor Egg)
- Levels 175 – 200: Roast Raptor (Raptor Flesh)
- Go back to the trainer and learn Artisan Cooking.
Cooking Leveling Guide: Levels 200-300
- Levels 200 – 285: Roast Raptor, Monster Omelet (Giant Egg), Juicy Bear Burger (Bear Flank) Eggs drop in Winterspring or Blasted Lands. The bears which drop Bear Flank are found in Felwood.
- Levels 285 – 300: Stock up on all recipes available at the cooking trainer in Gadgetzan. Then stock up on materials by killing creatures outside Gadgetzan.
- Learn Master Cooking from the cooking trainer.
Cooking Leveling Guide: Levels 300-350
- Levels 300 – 325: Buzzard Bites (Buzzard Meat) You get this recipe from an NPC at the Zeppelin Crash in the Outlands.
- Levels 325 – 355: Talbuk Steak (Talbuk Venison), Roasted Clefthoof (Clefthoof Meat) Kill creatures in Nagrand to find materials for these two recipes.
- Levels 355 – 375: Mok’nathal Shortribs (Raptor Ribs), Crunchy Serpent (Serpent Flesh) These recipes and the materials for them are available in Blade’s Edge Mountains.
Cooking Leveling Guide: Levels 350-450
- Find materials for the next set of recipes in Northrend. Dragonblight and Borean Tundra are both good choices to find materials.
- Levels 375 – 400: Kungaloosh (2 Tundra Berries each and Savory Snowplum), Rhino Dogs (Rhino Meat), Worm Delight (Worm Meat), Pickled Fangtooth (Fangtooth Herring)
- Levels 400 – 450: Any recipes purchased in Dalaran with your Cooking Awards. You’ll have to do daily cooking quests to get the awards