This guide is outdated, please view the updated guide here: Cataclysm Level 85 Druid Talent Builds
Looking for the best druid talent builds? Well, look no further…at ZugGaming we’ve got you covered! Personally I don’t know a whole lot about druid talent specs, but for this article I enlisted the help of Smolderthorn’s best druid and a personal friend of mine, Suganem. So, big thanks to him for his assistance here. With that said, let’s get right into the druid talent builds.
PvP Druid Builds
PvP as a druid can be one of the most amazing or frustrating experiencing in WoW. A large part of your success is going to depend on having the right pvp druid talent build. With the right druid talent spec you’ll be on the fast track to success, have the wrong build and you’re just wasting your time.
- Resto PvP Build – Dreamstate, maximum mana regeneration
- Resto PvP Build – Highest healing output
- Resto / Feral PvP Build – less than optimal healing, highest survivability
- Balance PvP Build – full moonkin build
- Feral PvP Build - full feral build
PvE Druid Builds
If you’re a druid in PvE you should feel really fortunate, you have the option of playing 3 different specs…all of which are incredibly good. Every raid is going to want at least one feral or balance druids in their raid and well…restoration is just always going to be amazing. Which every build you elect to go with you can rest assured you can find one of the best PvE druid builds available below.
- PvE Balance Build - You’ll have 2 points left over, either placed into Dreamstate (mana regen), Improved Faerie Fire (If hit is needed), or Owlkin Frenzy (extra damage). If 3% hit is needed (no shadow priest), take one point out of Celestial Focus and place the 3 points into Improved Faerie Fire.
- PvE Resto Build – You’ll have 4 points left over, either placed into Balance to get Celestial Focus, or Tranquil Spirit if you use Nourist a lot.
- PvE Feral DPS Build – top DPS feral cat build
- PvE Feral Tanking Build – feral tanking build
- PvE Feral Hybrid Build – feral hybrid build for off tanking and DPS
Druid Leveling Builds
For leveling purposes you have a few different options, there’s no real “must have” spec here. That said, I’ve always felt feral is simply the best route. You don’t really have to worry about mana, you have the ability to grind like none other, and you can still hold your on in PvP. If you are absolutely against feral builds for leveling you could opt for a balance / moonkin build, however I wouldn’t go balance until you’ve made it to Outlands. Also, if you’re looking for a kick ass leveling guide make sure to check out Zygor’s 1-80 power leveling guide. I’ve used it myself and have nothing but positive things to say about it.