Looking for more great ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
Auriaya is the seventh boss of Ulduar and is located within the Shattered Walkway.
Auriaya Boss Abilities
- Health Points: 16,730,00 (heroic), 3,200,000 (normal)
- Horrifying Screech – All nearby enemies flee in horror for 5 seconds
- Sentinel Blast – Deals 5,500 shadow damage and increases the shadow damage taken by 100% for 5 seconds, stacks up to 5 times.
- Sonic Screech – Shockwave like ability that deals 185,000-215,000 shadow damage to all enemies with the path. This damage is split amongst all the raid members hit.
- Summon Swarming Guardian – summons panthers adds.
- Sanctum Sentry
- Health Points: 558,000
- Savage Pounce – Deals 13,875-16,125 damage with an additional 7,400-8,600 bleed every second for 5 seconds.
- Strength of the Pack – Increases damage done by 50% when other sanctum sentries are within 20 yards.
- Feral Spirit
- Health Points:
- Feral Essence - Each essence buff increases the damage dealt by 50%. There are 9 total stacks of feral essence (…9 lives, lawl). The feral defender can revive himself at the cost of one of these essences.
- Feral Pounce – 4 second stun and inflecting 602-698 shadow damage every second for 4 seconds.
- Feral Rush – charge, deals 1,609-1,691 damage. Interrupts casting.
- Seeping Feral Essence - Left behind upon the dead of a feral spirit, similar to a void zone. Deals 9,000 shadow damage every second to those standing within.
Auriaya Boss Strategy
When you pull Auriaya you’ll need 1 tank holding Auriaya and 1 tank managing the adds. The raid should be pilled up with the adds and killing them as quickly as possible. Your main tank who has Auriaya will want to be around 20 yards away with the boss facing the raid. This is due to the sonic screech ability.
After the raid has killed the adds they can begin attacking the boss, ensuring that they are always standing in front of the boss (melee specifically). When the feral spirit spawns you off tank needs to pick him up. After you’ve killed the feral spirit he will drop a seeping feral essence, similar to a void zone…so don’t stand in it.
After you’ve killed the add you can begin attacking the boss again. Shortly the feral sprit will be resurrected and you’ll need to repeat the above steps. Continue dragging the boss around to provide drop areas for the seeping feral essence until you’ve killed the boss.