Valiona and Theralion Boss Strategy Guide
Valiona and Theralion are the second boss encounter of the Bastion of Twilight. This fight will challenge any guild with an emphasis on positional awareness. In addition, it also has a somewhat unique mechanic in that there are 2 bosses with a single shared health pool.
Valiona and Theralion Boss Abilities
- Blackout – The Blackout absorbs 200,000 healing on the target, when Blackout is removed or expires it causes 250,000 Shadow damage to enemies within 8 yards, splitting the damage between everyone hit by the Blackout.
- Devouring Flames - Inflicts 50,000 Shadow damage every 1 second, the damage is lower the farther the target is from the origin of the Devouring Flames.
- Dazzling Destruction – The Dazzling Destruction inflicts 15,000 Shadow damage to enemies within 12 yards and sends the target into the Twilight Realm.
- Twilight Meteorite – Inflicts 146,250 – 153,750 Shadow damage to enemies within 0 yards, splitting the damage between nearby enemies.
- Engulfing Magic – The Engulfing Magic mirrors all damage and healing you do, inflicting Shadow damage equal to the damage or healing you do to allies within 10 yards of you.
- Dying Breath – Blue flame that deals 7,500 damage every second.
- Deep Breath – Valiona takes a deep breath and begins to cast Twilight Flames which inflict 15,000 damage and send the target into the Twilight Realm.
Valiona and Theralion Boss Fight Strategy
The fight will begin with Valiona casting a spell called Blackout. The raid should stack on the person who the Blackout spell is cast on to help distribute the 250,000 damage (Similar to the green ooze in the Professor Putricide encounter). Next Valiona with cast Devouring Flames, this ability has a 2.5 second cast time and is channeled. The raid needs to move out of the direction Valiona is pointing in order to avoid the frontal cone of Devouring Flames. When Valiona nears her air phase she will cast Dazzling Destruction. This spell causes 2 larges vortexes to appear on the ground. Players should try to avoid these. When Valiona enters her air phase Theralion will land.
Theralion will begin his ground phase by casting Twilight Meteorite. This spell acts similarly to Blackout in that players should stack on the raid member he casts it on. A purple arrow will appear above the head of his targeted raid member for the ability. The next spell Theralion will cast is Engulfing Magic. The player who is targeted by this spell needs to immediately move out and away from the raid as all his damage or healing done will be mirrored in Shadow damage to adjacent raid members. Also, be sure to watch out for his Dying Breath ability. Dying Breath will cause a blue fire to appear on the ground. He casts it numerous times forming a semi-circle around him. It is advised that the raid marks someone for everyone to follow while strafing out of the fire in order to stay together.
When Theralion is about to enter his air phase Valiona will cast Deep Breath three times. Deep Breath engulfs half the room in fire and can be avoided by locating Valiona in the air and moving to the opposite side of the room. After Valiona is finished with her third Deep Breath she will land and Theralion will enter his air phase. At this point the fight repeats.
Valiona and Theralion Raid Strategy Setup
Valiona and Theralion 10-Man
- 1 Tank
- 3 Healers
- 6 DPS
Valiona and Theralion 25-Man
- 1 Tank
- 6 Healers
- 18 DPS
Valiona and Theralion Video Strategy Guide
- Razorscale Boss Strategy Guide
- Onyxia’s Lair Boss Fight Strategy Guide
- Kel’Thuzad 10-man Boss Strategy Guide
- Noth the Plaguebringer 10-man Boss Strategy Guide
- Blood Prince Council Boss Fight Strategy Guide