Halfus Wyrmbreaker Boss Strategy Guide
Halfus Wyrmbreaker is the first boss in the Bastion of Twilight 10 / 25-man instance. This encounter is fairly basic and functions more as a gear check for the remainder of the dungeon.
Halfus Wyrmbreaker Boss Abilities
- Fireball – standard attack, healers should be able to heal through these.
- Flame Breath – standard frontal cone attack.
- Malevolent Strike - Applies a stacking -5% healing received debuff. This buff means you’ll need to be rotating tanks.
- Dragon Summon – summons dragons that act as Halfus’ pets. Each respective dragon will have its own individual abilities.
- Summon Whelps - periodically summons whelps, low health, just AoE.
- Whirlwind – at 30% life Halfus will begin periodically using this attack. Huge damage, all players need to try and avoid.
Slate Dragon Abilities
- Paralysis Aura – Freezes entire raid for 15 seconds. You’ll need to be stacking as many HoTs as possible and use tank cooldowns to survive these periods.
- Fire Barrage – Deals huge amount of damage to all targets within close proximity. Non-melee classes should be far enough out to avoid this.
Nether Drake Abilities
- Nether Aura – 50% less hit, 50% lower attack speed, 25% damage reduction raid wide on all of these.
- Frenzy – Gives Halfus +50% attack speed.
Time Warden Abilities
- Snare - inhibits movement of the entire raid
Storm Rider Abilities
- Interrupt - casting interruption every 0.5 seconds, raid wide. During this phase you are really limited to only casting instant spells.
- Shadow Aura – Gives Halfus a ride wait knock back effect.
Halfus Wyrmbreaker Boss Fight Strategy Tactics
Fight begins by pulling. Initially there will be no pet dragons up, so try and do as much DPS as possible during this brief stage. Halfus will immediately begin stacking malevolent strikes, meaning you’ll want to swap tanks every 6-7 stacks, depending on the capability of your tanks and healers.
As soon as a dragon is summon you’ll want to switch all of your DPS to it. Be aware of the respective pet dragon abilities listed above and modify your strategy accordingly. Throughout the fight Halfus will also summon whelp groups. The tank that is not currently tanking Halfus should be ready to pick these up and they should be AoE’d down immediately.
At 30% Halfus will begin whirlwinding, this is the panic phase. Use all of your cooldowns to burn him as quickly as possible. Melee should try to avoid the whirlwind when possible. Make sure to call it out before you hit 30% so your healers are prepared for the increase in damage.
Halfus Wyrmbreaker Raid Strategy Setup
As you get more comfortable with the strategy (and more gear) you may find you are able to use fewer healers.
Halfus Wyrmbreaker 10-man
- 2 Tanks
- 3 Healers
- 5 DPS
Halfus Wyrmbreaker 25-man
- 2 Tanks
- 7 Healers
- 16 DPS
Halfus Wyrmbreaker Video Strategy Guide
- Loatheb 10-man Boss Strategy Guide
- Heigan the Unclean 10-Man Boss Strategy Guide
- Mimiron Boss Strategy Guide
- Toravon the Ice Watcher Boss Strategy Guide Tactics
- Valiona and Theralion Boss Strategy Guide