Cataclysm Gold Making Tip
The million dollar question…how to make gold in Cataclysm? After 2 years of WotLK there’s a certain level of expectation when it comes to making gold, but virtually all of that expectation and experience will be turned on it’s head come Cataclysm. So, it’s time to take a hard look at how we’re going to change to the new environment of the Cataclysm economy.
How to Make Gold in Cataclysm
Making gold during the first stages of a new expansion is perhaps the easiest it’s ever going to be. There’s a few reasons for this, most centered on the boom of the overall economy.
- More people are playing
- Everyone is gearing up
So, on day one, and really for the first several weeks I am taking a lesson from TBC and WotLK launches and going to power grind herbs and mining nodes. Simple? Yes. Effective? Insanely. Why? Simply put, everyone is gearing up…they need materials to level their professions, improve their gear, and of course raid / battleground.
Special note: Your will be able to use consumables in rated battlegrounds, consider the implications here…it would be like using pots, flasks, etc. in arena. Crazy…most definitely. Hardcore teams will be fully buffed, guaranteed. Meaning a huge increase in the demand for alchemy and herbs.
A great deal of my gold making tactics are centered around the auction house because it’s generally the most time effective, but when Cataclysm hits you can be sure as Ralph Blitzer’s beard is hiding a 34th trapped miner, that mining / herbalism nodes are going to go through the roof. During the Cataclysm launch period (probably up to 12 weeks after) I was pulling close to 1,000 gold per hour herb’ing in a 3 zone circuit.
With the advent of tracking 2 nodes at the same time I can see this potentially reaching 3,500 gold an hour in the launch period for Cataclysm (that number is adjusted for forecasted inflation).
The Step by Step Process
- Level mining and herbalism to 450 prior to Cataclysm’s release
- Level to 85 as quickly as possible, herbing / mining while leveling is okay, but leveling is your primary focus. Remember, you want to focus on getting the ability to fly again, which increases your gathering efficiency 10 fold.
- Track both nodes and develop a gathering route for the top 1-3 herbs / mineral nodes needed.
- Be specifically on the look out for the “rare” type nodes used in flasks, fireleaf was insanely profitable before it was removed from the recipe. Also be on the lookout for mineral nodes in similar recipes.
- Watch the price differences between herbs / mineral nodes. If one is selling better than the other you should focus on that. Some zones may be better or herbs, others for mining, just be aware of the price gaps and change your gathering routes accordingly.
It’s a simple tactic, but one you shouldn’t overlook. Just like the business world first-movers get the advantage. If you’re going to make it to 85 pretty quick you ought to reap some of the benefits!
- Best Gold Making Add-ons
- WoW Gold Making Tips – Limited and Rare Items Tactics
- November Blog Carnival – Making Gold in Cataclysm
- 3 Gold Tips for Cataclysm Preparation
- Gold Making Tip #5 – Mining and Jewelcrafting