XT-002 Deconstructor Boss Strategy Guide
Looking for more amazing Ulduar strategies? Check ou the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
XT-002 Deconstructor is the 4th boss of Ulduar. He’s located in the Ulduar scrap yard.
XT-002 Deconstructor Boss Abilities
- Health Points: 17,850,000 (heroic), 5,250,000 (normal)
- Gravity Bomb – Targets a random playing causing them to explode and pull in nearby players after 9 seconds. Creates a gravity well.
- Gravity Well – Created by the gravity bomb on the targeted player, which pulls players within a 10 yard radius into the well, dealing 19,000-21,000 damage.
- Tympanic Tantrum – Deals 10% damage every 1 second for a 12 second duration to the entire raid, dazing all enemies. Cast once per minute.
- Light Bomb – Causes targeted player to deal 2,000-3,000 damage to nearby players while they are attacking, last for 9 seconds.
- Enrages after 8 minutes
XT-002 Deconstructor Boss Strategy
This encounter is a standard tank and spank fight for the most part. The most important aspect of this fight is simply spreading out. After a player gets hit with a gravity bomb or a light bomb that player needs to immediately separate themselves from the group to minimize damage. Furthermore, healers should be on the lookout for tympanic tantrum. This will deal 120% damage to all raid members over 12 seconds, so every raid member will need to at least receive a decent amount of heals. It’s not a bad idea to assign healers to individual groups, as to ensure all players receive a heal.
At 75%, 50%, and 25% XT-002 Deconstructor will stop attacking and spawn adds. There are 3 different kinds of adds.
- XS-013 Scrapbots – these adds will heal XT-002 if they get to him, they must be killed immediately.
- XE-321 Boombots – these adds blow up, dealing damage to friend and foe alike, when they hit 50% health. These can be used to kill the other adds.
- XM-024 Pummelers – Basic mobs, nothing special, you can kill these after boombots and scrapbots have been killed.
After the adds have been killed the fight will continue like before.
XT-002 Deconstructor Hard Mode Strategy
During any of the ad phases XT-002 may be clicked on. Doing so will expose his heart, which may be destroyed. Destroying his heart will increase XT-002′s health and damage by 25% and return him to full health. Exposing and killing the heart at the lower add spawning levels does not increase the quality of loot or open up new achievements, this is a binary hard mode fight.
- Ulduar Instance Guide & Boss Strategies
- Razorscale Boss Strategy Guide
- Noth the Plaguebringer 10-man Boss Strategy Guide
- Ignis the Furnace Master Boss Strategy Guide
- Flame Leviathan Boss Strategy Guide