Razorscale Boss Strategy Guide
Looking for more Ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guide!
Razorscale is the third boss of Ulduar and is located within Razorscale’s Aerie, across from the Colossal forge.
Razorscale Boss Abilities
- Health Points: 12,600,000 (heroic), 3,900,000 (normal)
- Wing Buffet – Knocks back in a large radius around Razorscale. 1.5 second cast time.
- Flame Breath – Deals 17,500-22,500 fire damage in a frontal cone. 2.5 second cast time.
- Flame Buffet – Increases fire damage taken by 1500. Last for 60 second duration.
- Devouring Flame – Launches a lava bomb at a target, deals 8788-10,212 fire damage. In addition, deals 8788-10212 fire damage everyone second to anyone standing within a 6 yard radius of the explosion site.
Razorscale Boss Strategy
Phase 1 – Air Phase
To start phase 1 simply talk to the expedition commander. During this phase you are tasked with defending the dwarven crews while they repair the harpoon launchers. Your primary focus here is killing all of the adds and avoiding the devouring flames that Razorscale will be launching.
As each harpoon launcher is successfully repaired they may be clicked to fire a harpoon at Razorscale. After all 4 turrets have been fired Razorscale will come to the ground. Once on the ground Razorscale will be stunned temporarily, during this time your DPS will want to blow all cooldowns to do as much damage as possible.
After the stun ends Razorscale will fly up into the air again and you’ll repeat the firing process to bring her down.
Phase 2 – Ground Phase
Once you’ve got Razorscale below 50% she will land. During this phase you’ll want your tank to spin her face away from the main raid to avoid flame breaths. At this point the fiight becomes a standard tank and spank fight. Continue to avoid devouring flame and keep DPS up. As flame buffet stacks on your tank he will be taking some serious damage towards the end of the fight, so maximizing your DPS during this phase will be crucial.
- Ignis the Furnace Master Boss Strategy Guide
- Ulduar Instance Guide & Boss Strategies
- Flame Leviathan Boss Strategy Guide
- Heigan the Unclean 10-Man Boss Strategy Guide
- Kel’Thuzad 10-man Boss Strategy Guide