Ignis the Furnace Master Boss Strategy Guide
Looking for more great Ulduar strategies? Check out the complete Ulduar Boss Strategy Guides!
Ignis the Furnace Master is the second boss of Ulduar, located within the Colossal Forge.
Ignis the Furnace Master Abilities
- Health Points: 24,400,000 (heroic)
- Scorch – Fires a frontal jet of flames, deals 3770-4230 fire damage every 0.5 seconds for 3 seconds. Additionally, catches the ground on fire, dealing 3299-3701 fire damage every 0.5 seconds to all nearby enemies (heats up Iron Constructs)
- Flame Jet – Stomps the ground, calling up geysers of fire that deal 8483-9517 fire damage, knocking targets up into the air and interrupting spell casting for 8 seconds. Applies a damage over time of 1000 fire damage per second for 8 seconds.
- Slag Pot – Picks up a random target, hurling them into the slag pot. The slag pot deals 5000 fire damage every second for 10 seconds. The target cannot attack while in the slag pit. If they survive the target gains a buff that increases haste by 150%.
- Strength of the Creator – Increases damage by 20%. This stackable debuff is applied each time an Iron Construct is summoned and removed each time an Iron Construct is shattered.
- Activate Construct – Iron Constructs within the scorch area gain a stacking buff. At 20 stacks it will become molten, causing it to deal 4713-5287 fire damage to all enemies within a 7 yard radius. Dragging the construct through water will cause it to turn “brittle”, allowing you the ability to shatter it by dealing more than 5,000 damage in a single attack.
Ignis the Furnace Master Boss Strategy
This encounter is more or less a standard tank and spank fight. The major addition to this fight involves the iron constructs. You’ll want to drag these iron constructs into the scorch fires on the ground. Standing in these fires increased a buff that stacks to 20, at 20 stacks they turn molten.
After turning molten you will drag the iron constructs into the water, which turns them brittle. This stuns them for 20 seconds, increases chance to be critically hit by 50%, and will cause them to shatter if they take more than 5000 damage in a single hit. Shattering a construct removes one stack of Ignis’ damage buff.
Casters should be aware of the timer on the Flame Jets and avoid being hit by this, as it will lock you out of that school for 8 seconds. Beyond that there isn’t much too this fight…tank and spank, don’t get hit by scorch areas, heal through the DoT on the charge, and don’t get locked out by jet stream.
Note: there is no hard mode for this encounter
Ignis the Furnace Master Video (10 man)
Ignis the Furnace Master Video (25 man)
- Ulduar Instance Guide & Boss Strategies
- Flame Leviathan Boss Strategy Guide
- Loatheb 10-man Boss Strategy Guide
- Grand Widow Faerlina 10-Man Boss Strategy
- Gothik the Harvester 10-man Boss Strategy Guide