Athene Quits World of Warcraft

It’s a sad day across Azeroth… yesterday, Athene, the self proclaimed “best paladin in the world” announced his retirement from World of Warcraft. He’s decided to transition into the online poker world, where he hopes to make enough money to support himself as a full time professional gamer.

Athene’s video rants were an overnight sensation and it’s truly unfortunate that he’s moving on.

1. World of Warcraft’s #1 Competition
  2. World of News Morons
  3. World of WarHammer?
  4. 40% of Gamers are Girls!
  5. The Craft of War: Blind, Amazing WoW Fight Sequence

Comments

16 Responses to “Athene Quits World of Warcraft”

1. Cream on February 18th, 2009 2:47 pm

Heartbreaking.

2. lol on February 18th, 2009 7:02 pm

Never heard of the guy. He sounds really full of himself.

3. Zuggy on February 18th, 2009 10:50 pm

It’s just the act he puts on the movie…it’s all in good fun.

4. Jose Solis on February 19th, 2009 2:14 am

haha, his videos were always hysterical. at least every now and then he’s still going to post some videos. i had always asked myself when he was going to start doing something for money. everybody has to grow up at one point or another. wish him the best of luck.

5. Erk on February 19th, 2009 11:44 am

“Everyone has to grow up at one point or another.”
    -By playing poker?

I haven’t watched a lot of his videos but I saw a few of them. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a publicity stunt that he’s pulling to get people interested in him again. He’ll probably come back with a video saying he’s already so rich from playing poker that he never has to do anything for money again or something like that. Its all an act anyway, and he’s good at it, so I doubt he’ll really disappear from the scene.

6. Zuggy on February 19th, 2009 12:44 pm

You could be right, Erk… wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

7. Cream on February 19th, 2009 5:38 pm

well, as the best shadow priest ever, I quit wow to come back as the best mage ever.

The cold truth is that everyone ends up playing the same, because there is so little depth to the game, and always a favored specc and / or way of speccing.

8. waine on February 22nd, 2009 1:46 pm

nerds

9. Cream on February 23rd, 2009 8:19 pm

^ Yes.

10. fatherokey on February 24th, 2009 1:23 pm

God he’s cocky rofl

11. Jay on February 24th, 2009 1:31 pm

Hes an utter prick to be honest. Not just in his videos, but IRL too. Good riddance I say, bloody ugly nerd.

12. Cream on February 24th, 2009 7:11 pm

I find that most people that are “good” ( relative term; you’re not good in wow, you spend more time on it ) tend to be cocky. I saw this latino one day that was 5′, played wow, and claimed he could beat the shit out of anybody IRL. It’s awesome to think you’re a DK for real.

13. WoW Guide on March 2nd, 2009 7:16 pm

I enjoyed his videos that were more related to wow. The other stuff got a bit much though. I found him very entertaining, and Im sure he will be gaming in the future.

14. Jake on April 29th, 2009 9:33 pm

Ok I’m I pretty big fan of Athene but he never said he was quiting wow he said he would being playing it less so idk where you got your info at cause he definetly stil plays

15. Zuggy on April 29th, 2009 9:39 pm

did you even watch the video?

16. pebelacos on August 26th, 2011 3:36 am

lol he is a fag anyway and created first bubble hearth macro. nuff said