Shaman Talent Builds
This guide is outdated, pleased visit our updated version here: Cataclysm Level 85 Shaman Talent Builds
When choosing your shaman talent build you’ll have to take a close look at the wide variety of talents available. Your personal play style and needs in a talent spec will vary your talent selections considerable. So it’s important you take careful consideration when determining your shaman talent build.
Restoration Shaman Talent Builds
As you may be able to tell, there are quite a few variations for restoration shaman builds. With so many good talents it’s hard to say that any one spec is “the best”. In my opinion you just have to play a few different shaman talent builds and see what you’re comfortable with. Each shaman build offers a slightly different play style, which may or may not fit your individual needs.
PvE resto shaman talent builds on the other hand are a bit different…if you’re serious about pve healing as a shaman you’re going to be chain healing, a lot, so there’s no need to waste points elsewhere. You have very few options in the talents you choose for a pve healing spec.
PvP Restoration Shaman Talent Builds
- 0/13/58 – high healing, high mana longevity, my preferred spec
- 0/15/56 – variation of 0/13/58 build
- 0/14/57 – variation of 0/13/58 build
- 0/11/60 – max healing with shamanistic focus
- 0/20/51 - great survivability, minimal mana longevity, ideal with a backup healer
- 16/0/55 - resto hybrid build, ideal for shamans who are very offensive in arena
PvE Restoration Shaman Builds
- 0/14/57 – raid healing, chain healing optimized, my preference
- 0/13/58 – raid healing, chain heal optimized, situational use for heavy single target healing
- 0/13/58 – raid healing, chain heal optimized, variation of the above 0/13/58 shaman talent build
Elemental Shaman Talent Builds
As far as PvP elemental builds are concerned there is a lot of leeway in the talents you decide to pick up. Below Ive listed a few of my preferred talent specs, but there are numerous others. It all depends on your preferences as a player. Unfortunately there isn’t nearly as much sway as far as pve elemental shaman talent builds are concerned. If you’re spec’n for the purposing of simply producing the most DPS then the shaman talent build below is going to be the best, plain and simple.
PvP Elemental Shaman Talent Builds
PvE Elemental Shaman Talent Builds
- 57/14/0 – standard pve elemental build, optimized for maximum DPS
Enhancement Shaman Talent Builds
Much like resto and elemental shaman talent builds, enhancement is plagued by the same symptoms of variability in the PvP spec and a very un-variable PvE spec. If you’re looking for an enhancement shaman talent build you’re pretty much stuck with what I’ve listed below. For PvP you’ve got a few additional choices, but overall the 17/54/0 build is still a solid choice overall.
PvP Enhancement Shaman Talent Builds
- 17/54/0 – standard pvp enhancement shaman talent build
PvE Enhancement Shaman Talent Builds
- 17/54/0 – standard pve enhancement shaman talent build
- Shaman Arena Talent Specs
- Rogue Talent Builds
- Mage Talent Builds
- New WotLK Shaman Changes
- Shaman Resto Changes and Spirit Wolf Buff