Gem Perfection for Jewelcrafting in WotLK
I’m not sure how I let this one slip by me, but a new feature for jewelcrafters is going to be added to the profession in WotLK. It’s called gem perfection. Essentially, here is how it works:
Gem Perfection Step 1: If you are a jewelcrafter you can complete one of the respective gem perfection quests for your faction. You only need to complete one of these quests.
- Alliance: Ounhulo in Valgarde (Howling Fjord) or Alestros in Valiance Keep (Borean Tundra).
- Horde: Carter Tiffens in Vengeance Landing (Howling Fjord) or Geba’li in Warsong Hold (Borean Tundra).
Gem Perfection Step 2: Completing this quest will award you with a new passive jewelcrafting ability, Gem Perfection. This will give chance to cut perfect gems out of your uncommon gem cuts. Perfect gems are essentially the same as a regular uncommon gem cut, just with marginally superior stats. (note: Northrend gems only)
Gem Perfection Step 3: Perfect gem cut examples
- Perfect Accurate Huge Citrine vs. Accurate Huge Citrine
- Perfect Bold Bloodstone vs. Bold Bloodstone
- Perfect Luminous Huge Citrine vs. Luminous Citrine
- More Examples…
- Jewelcrafting 1-375 Leveling Guide
- WotLK Zone Maps
- WotLK Profession Specific Bonus Perks Summary
- Consortium Gem Bag Day!
- Consortium Reputation Gems – Today’s the Day!