WotLK Shaman Changes – Build 9038
No big surprises here, earlier this week Ghostcrawler announced the enhancement shaman changes. There’s no question, the change to maelstrom weapon is a nerf, but one which needed to be implemented. The underlying isseue with enhancement was its incredible synergy with several elemental abilities, lava burst namely. This caused many enhancement shamans to consider wearing elemental gear.
Blizzard recognizes this mistake and has begun shifting some of this synergy out and providing additional melee specific buffs to the tree. It may remove some of the overall utility from the enhancement build, but I would expect the damage should remain approximately the same.
- Improved Fire Nova Totem – Changed to 50/100% chance to reduce movement speed for 2 seconds. (Old 50/10% chance to stun for 2 seconds)
- Flurry - Haste increased by 5% (Now 10/15/20/25/30) (Old 5/10/15/20/25)
- Dual Wield Specialization – Chance to hit while dual wielding doubled (Now 2/4/6%) (Old 1/2/3%)
- Maelstrom Weapon – Chance to reduce cast time changed to 100% for all ranks (Likely a tooltip bug and was changed to PPM)
- New WotLK Shaman Changes
- WotLK Shaman Talent Changes – Build 8970
- WotLK Enhancement Shaman Changes
- WotLK Beta Build 9014 Class Changes
- WotLK Shaman Changes