Rogue Opportunity Changes – Build 8982
There’s been some pretty big changes to the rogue class during this wotlk beta, none larger than the change to mutilate and positional attacks, but blizzard just tossed out yet another curve ball…take a look at the rogue changes for beta build 8992.
- Focused Attacks changed to : Your melee critical strikes have a 33/66% chance to give you 1 energy. (Old – 100%/100% , wasn’t implemented)
- Find Weakness damage increased reduced to 2/4/6%. (Old – 3/6/9%)
- Killing Spree cannot hit invisible or stealthed targets anymore.
- Opportunity now works all the time. (Old – Only increased the damage of attacks from behind)
Not quite as major as taking the positional requirement off mutilate, but certainly close. With this change mutilate and backstab rogues will enjoy the benefit of both opportunity and dual wield spec 100% of the time. This is a pretty huge change as it firmly places mutilate at the top of all rogue specs in my opinion, certainly for PvP purposes.
Combat still may , and in all likelihood will, remain a narrow first as far as PvE DPS is concerned, but considering all the buffs mutilate is receiving it won’t be far behind. It’s great to see a virtually unused rogue talent build such as mutilate getting some love for expansion, but I can’t help but wonder if they’ve taken it to the other extreme.
What do you think about the mutilate changes? Too much too quickly or just a generally bad build getting some much needed improvements?
- WotLK Rogue Talent Changes – Build 8970 Changes
- WotLK Rogue Buffs – Insane Class Defining Changes
- More WotLK Rogue Changes
- Shadow Priest / Rogue vs. Priest / Rogue 2v2 Arena Strategy
- Rogue Leveling Guide