Horde and Alliance Racial Abilities and Traits
Please note, the following list of racial abilities and traits are updated based upon new WotLK Racial Changes. Priest players may also want to check out the recent priest racial changes.
Horde Racial Abilities
- Blood Fury: Activate to increase attack power and spell damage/healing by an amount based on level/class for 15 seconds, decreasing healing done to the user by 50% for the duration. 2 minute cooldown.
- Hardiness: Reduces duration of stun effects by 15%.
- Command: Damage done by Death Knight, Hunter and Warlock pets increased by 5%.
- Axe Specialization: Expertise with One- and Two-handed Axes increased by 5.
- War Stomp: Activate to stun opponents – Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
- Endurance: Hitpoints increased by 5%. (now scales based on base health, to be tuned to approximately a 5% heath increase if the player were wearing green quality gear)
- Cultivation: 15 point skill bonus to Herbalism (note, this also raises the cap by 15 at each level of herbalism).
- Nature Resistance: Reduces the chance to be hit by Nature spells by 2%
- Berserking: Activate to increase attack and casting speed for 10 seconds. Speed is raised by 10% at full health, increasing as health is lost to a maximum bonus of 30%. 3 minute cooldown. No longer requires energy, mana, runes, rage, etc.
- Regeneration: Increase health regeneration bonus by 10%. Also allows 10% of normal health regen during combat.
- Beast Slaying: 5% damage bonus when fighting against Beasts.
- Throwing Specialization: Increases chance to critically hit with Throwing Weapon by 1%.
- Bow Specialization: Increase Bow critical strike chance by 1%.
- The Voodoo Shuffle: Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%. Trolls be flippinâ€™ out mon! (passive)
- Will of the Forsaken: Removes any fear, sleep, or charm effect (no longer has a lasting immunity).
- Cannibalize: When activated, regenerates 7% of total health every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. Only works on Humanoid or Undead corpses within 5 yards. Any movement, action, or damage taken while Cannibalizing will cancel the effect.
- Underwater Breathing: Underwater breath increased by 300%.
- Shadow Resistance: Reduces the chance to be hit by Shadow spells by 1% (yes, this is lower than the other resistance racials)
- Mana Tap: Activate to reduce target’s mana by (50 + Level) and charge you with arcane energy for 10 min. This effect stacks up to 3 times. 30 yd range – Instant – 30 sec cooldown.
- Arcane Torrent: Activate to silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds. In addition, you gain 10 Energy, 10 Runic Power or (5 + Level) Mana for each charge of Mana Tap currently affecting you. 2 min. cooldown.
- Arcane Affinity: 10 point skill bonus to Enchanting (note, this also raises the cap by 10 at each level of enchanting).
- Magic Resistance: Reduces the chance to be hit by spells by 2%
Alliance Racial Abilities
- Stoneform: Activate to gain immunity to poison, disease, and bleed (will also remove these types of debuffs); +10% Armor; Lasts 8 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.
- Gun Specialization: increases chance to critically hit with Guns by 1% as of Patch 2.3 (was increase Gun Skill by 5).
- Frost Resistance: Reduces the chance to be hit by Frost spells by 2%
- Find Treasure: Activate to see treasure chests on mini map – lasts until canceled – no cooldown.
- Mace Specialization: Expertise with Maces and Two-Handed Maces increased by 5.
- Escape Artist: Escape the effects of any immobilization or movement speed reduction effect. Instant cast. 1 min, 45 sec cooldown, cannot be resisted.
- Expansive Mind: Increase Intellect by 5%.
- Arcane Resistance: Reduces the chance to be hit by Arcane spells by 2%
- Engineering Specialist: 15 point skill bonus to Engineering (note, this also raises the cap by 15 at each level of Engineering).
- Perception: Changed to a passive, now grants one character level of passive stealth detection
- The Human Spirit: Increase spirit by 5%.
- Diplomacy: 10% bonus to faction point gain.
- Sword Specialization: Increases expertise with swords, and two-handed swords by 5.
- Mace Specialization: Increases expertise with maces, two-handed maces by 5.
- Human Supremacy: The dominance of Humanity is evidenced by having one more racial bonus than normal. Actually, make that two counting this one. (just a tooltip, no actual functionality)
- Every man for Himself: Removes all movement impairing efefcts and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects.
Night Elf Racials
- Shadowmeld: Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect.
Passively boosts stealth mode of rogues and druids.
- Quickness: Reduces the chance to be hit by melee or ranged attacks by 2%
- Wisp Spirit: Become a wisp when dead with 50% movement speed increase.
- Nature Resistance: Reduces the chance to be hit by Nature spells by 3%
- Gift of the Naaru : Activate to heal your target for 35 + 15 per Level over 15 sec – 40 yd range – 1.5 sec cast – 3 min cooldown. (now scales based on the higher of either the casterâ€™s Attack Power or Spell Power)
- Heroic Presence : Increases chance to hit by 1% for you and all party members within 30 yards. (Warriors, Paladins, and Hunters)
- Inspiring Presence : Increases chance to hit with spells by 1% for you and all party members within 30 yards. (Priests, Mages, and Shaman)
- Gemcutting : 5 point skill bonus to Jewelcrafting (note, this also raises the cap by 5 at each level of jewelcrafting).
- Shadow Resistance : Reduces the chance to be hit by Shadow spells by 2%
- WotLK Racial Abilities Changes
- Wrath of the Lich King Hunter Talents
- New WotLK Inscription Glyphs
- Wrath of the Lich King Paladin Talents
- WotLK Shaman Talent Changes – Build 8970