Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King
For those of you who have been around for a while you may remember the Naxxaramas of the past. It was the most difficult and uniquely designed dungeon in the Burning Crusade, so difficult in fact that it’s estimated that less 5% of the WoW population ever killed more than 1 boss.
For hardcore raiders (including myself at the time) it was a dream come true. It was jammed packed with a host of interesting encounters, graphical beauty, and of course...kick ass items. And now, for better or worse, this dream instance is coming back for Wrath of the Lich King.
Naxx will be tuned for both 10 and 25 man groups. Thus allowing for players of all time constraints the opportunity to see Blizzard’s finest piece of dungeon mastery. A blue post confirmed the approaching wotlk beta update.
The trash has indeed been adjusted. Highlights include:
- Longer trash sections between bosses (to Patchwerk, to Razuvious, to Faerlina) have been toned down.
- Heigan gauntlet is no longer a gauntlet, now there’s a very small one AFTER Heigan.
- A few new creatures have been added in a couple places.
- Newer models for many of the creatures.
- Some of the trash encounters have different numbers of creatures for 10 and 25 player modes.
One other thing…
Naxxramas should be available for beta testing soon in both 10 and 25 player flavors, including loot!
The new Naxx is something I have mixed feelings about. Prior to the Burning Crusade’s release I raided as a part of one of the top raiding guilds in the world. Personally I have this built of image of what the new Naxx should be like, and I only hope they don’t disappoint.