How to install WoW Addons?
Well, if you’re here then you want to know how to install WoW addons. Good news, it’s incredibly easy! If you can copy and paste then you can install WoW addons and mods. In case your the lazy type like me and don’t want to read the rest of this tutorial just check out the video below.
It details the step by step process you must take in order to install and activate a World of Warcraft addon.
For you reading types, let’s get to it.
- Download your desired addon / mod. Just unzip it to your desktop.
- You need to copy the addon folder into the your World of Warcraft directory. For most of you this directory will be located here: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons
- Once you have the addon file in your addons folder you now need to open World of Warcraft, if you already had it open exit out of the program and open it up again. In the lower left corner of your screen once you’ve logged in you’ll see a button that says “addons”. Click this.
- Now, find the addon you just installed and make certain it is clicked.
- Select your character and login
- The addon is now active, most mods / addons use menus located around the mini map or a series of text command. Read the mods instruction files if you don’t figure out how to configure it in game.
Below is a short list of all my favorite sites to download wow addons and mods. There are lots of addon respositories out there, but these are the largest and fastest sites.
- Zuggy’s WoW User Interface Package
- Best User Interface Addons
- Best Unit Frame Addons
- Creating the Perfect User Interface
- Discipline Priest Arena Strategy